Meltdowns and such...

Wednesday March 21, 2007

I went into work after the girls went to bed last night so I could be home with the girls this morning. Sasha had a meltdown at bedtime last night. She threw Maddy's book and wouldn't let Maddy read her a story. I took Sasha out of Maddy's bed and put her in her own. Sash buried her little face in the pillow and hid under the covers. She whimpered and cried so pathetically. I layed in bed with her and just rubbed her back. She eventually fell asleep in her own bed. I knew this was a punishment for her because she had told the interpreter earlier yesterday that she liked sleeping with Maddy. It's important for her to know that that kind of behavior isn't acceptable but we'll still love her just as much.

Anyway, back to today. We had a good morning and then headed for the Children's Museum to meet up with the rest of the group. Everyone in our group, parents and children, were so very tired. You could see it on their faces and in their eyes. Ludmilla and Kseniya didn't even show up. They needed to get some shopping done with David. I guess Ludmilla is comfortable with us as hosts! I'm wondering if we can beg out of the Butterfly museum tomorrow and just have a down day.

Sasha liked to saw at the Children's museum. She had one goal and one goal only: To saw completely through that piece of 2x4 or die trying! She concentrated like mad and yes...she did it. LOL..then shook her arm like it was sore! Go figure! She enjoyed painting but didn't really get into it. Maddy was being a trooper, but I could see in her eyes she was bored to tears. Change of plans....we're outta here. I call Karrie, pick up Brooke and Kendra for some play time. You know, like regular little kids need? Nothing scheduled. Just play. Well, the play turned into a sleepover. Sasha crashed around 8:30 and the other three stayed up until midnight.

No comments: