
Maddy helped Sasha get up again this morning. They ate breakfast and Jay dropped them off at camp. I did the same thing as yesterday. I went into work early so I could leave early in order to get to camp with the girls. We ate a picnic lunch and then headed down to Monkey Bizness. It's a indoor, inflatable park that the kids could jump all over. The girls seemed like they were having a great time, but then for some reason, Sasha pinched Maddy. Maddy came to me crying. Sasha started hiding between the equiptment and the walls, where all the chords were. I learned a whole different side of Sash today. Not bad, just different. She wouldn't come out for anything. So I walked back to her, said "Nyet", took her by the hand and brought her out. But she went back in amongst all the chords. So, I went to her, sat on the floor and just held her on my lap. At least she was safe, right? Kseniya, the directors translator, came over and talked to Sasha. Turns out she was just exhausted. I asked her if she just wanted to go home and she said yes. Through Kseniya, I asked her if it would be ok if we stopped for ice cream. Sash got this big smile on her face and said "Da!"
The car ride back home was very quiet. Sash was so exhausted that she fell asleep in the car almost immediately. When we got to Baskin Robbins, Sash tried a few different flavors but decided on vanilla. It warmed my heart to show her want an edible ice cream cone was. Her smile just lights up the room and breaks my heart at the same time.
Once home, the girls played and had some down time. So far, I haven't seen any behavior I can't handle. The orpanage director, Ludmilla, and Kseniya are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. I am both excited and nervous. Hopefully, we will be able to find out Sasha's story. I just want this to be done and over with. I want Sasha to be here permanently. We are all fitting so well together. This is definately a match made in heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment